It sounds like your level is too high going to the main mix(left/right bus), I don't know what program you used to mix this, but if you put a limiter on the mix you'll get rid of the clipping. Otherwise, turn down the levels going to the mix(don't use prefader metering if you're in Pro Tools).
Anyway, aside from the clipping, the tune actually sounds really cool and heavy. Keep up the riffing!
Reminds me a bit of Kamelot. I love this song, I'm definitely adding it to my favourites.
Very well written, I really like it
Great song, guys!
That was amazing!
The key change just grabbed me by the throat. I love it. You are definitely one of my favorite artists of all time.
Haunting and beautiful, I love it.
I just can't get enough of that melody, I could listen to it for hours. Absolutely amazing work, I'm going to check out your other stuff now.
Incredible quality, and just an amazing song all together.
How do you do your recording?
How do you get such an awesome sound, man?
i use a line6 toneport for all of my guitars. I modify the amp sounds with compressors and distortion and presence and such. i just experiment with the amps honestly until i get the sound i want.
thanks for the review bub.
Reminds me of Kiuas in the way that it has awesome hardcore drums and guitar but non-screamo singing. You just got yourself another fan.
I think I love you.
That was so goddamned awesome. L..M..F..A..O.!
I'm glad you thought that was awsome. Thanks for your support.
Some tips on how to improve this.
Tip 1. Practise until you have it right!
2. In the beginning part it's two taps before pull-offs
3. The finish to the run after tapping, you don't just land on a note you half to do a full tone of a bend on the string.
4. The next part is too rushed and doesn't sound like you tried playing with a recording, slow it down and listen to the song.
5. You're missing parts- find those parts! e.g. after you do trills up the neck you are missing a vital lick
6. Start out slow. You may hear this alot and think it's total B.S. but it isn't! if you are learning a solo such as this, you need to learn to play each individual part(oh yea separate the solo into different parts so it's easier to understand) and play it to a metronome of some sort over and over until you get it right. Then once you have it on a slow tempo, speed it up a little and do it again.
Please take this as constructive critism, I'm a guitarist myself and Crazy Train is the first solo I learned- so I may be overly critical of your playing.
I completely understand where you are coming from. Just look at it this way, it is all in fun and games. I don't do covers for a living, I much prefer to write my own music, but when I cover something, I do it my way. Thanks for listening though.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.